Friday, June 16, 2017
Five Tips for Success in the Hospitality Industry
Pinnacle Hotels USA president and CEO Bharat Lall oversees the management of eight hotels, including multiple formerly underperforming properties with valuable potential. Bharat Lall leads the company with over 20 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Success in the hospitality industry requires a combination of best customer practices and technical knowledge. The following list details some tips for success.
1. Make guest relations a priority. Guest services and satisfaction are at the center of the hospitality industry. Improving guest relations and providing your guests with positive experiences can increase your reputation and make guests more likely to return to your business. Successful guest relations means hiring friendly staff, being attentive to customer needs, and resolving problems quickly.
2. Know your customers. No two customers are alike, and their specific needs may vary depending on their choice of hotel and their reasons for traveling. For example, a customer who selects a beachside resort while on vacation will express different expectations than one staying at a conventional hotel near an airport while on business travel. Try to tailor your services to the kind of guests your business normally serves.
3. Promote a positive work environment. To maintain the friendly and attentive team necessary for a positive guest experience, you must treat employees with fairness and respect. You can cultivate a good work environment by giving compliments, remembering birthdays and personal details, and hosting staff parties.
4. Maintain good financials. Financials may pose a challenge to success in the hospitality industry without effective money management practices. Money management is especially important during the start-up phase, so make sure you begin setting aside funds early on if just starting out.
5. Cultivate a comprehensive industry knowledge. A thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry will help you make effective business decisions and provide you with a framework for what to look for in industry trends.